It has been a little over a month since the last blog post (sorry to abandon you! Did you miss me?) mainly because Valentines Day took over my life for the month of February, marketing hearts and candies and roses and all that gushy stuff. Blech.
In addition, our wee little shop was the unfortunate victim of a break and entry on the first day of February. Although nothing major was stolen and nobody was hurt, it was a very big inconvenience, one that shook up the shop for a day or two. We have since bounced back and things have returned to normal, but it serves as a reminder that there are some not so favorable characters who live within our community.
But without further ado, today I give you a Recipe Feature for Turmeric-Honey Spiced Tea – something to get you through the colder months of Spring before we hit April and we start thinking about iced teas (which means summer is getting closer too!).
Spruce up your Rooibos tea with a healthy sprinkle of turmeric & some vitamins C rich-orange!
- 5 tea bags of Bean Around Books’ Red Rooibos
- 4 cups of boiling water
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 small navel orange
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Steep 5 bags of Bean Around Books’ Red Rooibos, 1 teaspoon of honey, the segments of 1 small navel orange, 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric, and a pinch of cayenne pepper in water for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and enjoy!
That is all I have for today. Check back frequently for new Recipe Features, Tea Culture Posts & Tea At A Glance reviews! Thanks for reading!
Cheers! Lindsay 🙂