Hi guys! How are you doing on this windy but sunny Wednesday? 🙂
Today I bring you a recipe feature for this deliciously warm and comforting drink, Earl Grey Hot Toddy!
Hot Toddies are fantastic recipes to make because they are easy but yummy cocktails you can make, either in a small quantity for yourself or in large batches. They are also very adaptable, meaning you can easily come up with your own concoctions for the month of December: The season of friends and family, gifts and giving, hot food and delicious beverages!
Without any further ado, here is the recipe for this yummy drink, ingredients & instructions!
This recipe serves two, but can be doubled (or even tripled!).
- 2 Bags of premium loose leaf tea from Bean Around Books’ Earl Grey tea
* ( we have a wide selection of blends to choose from. For this recipe it depends on how you want the drink to taste. A little more on the floral side? Try our Earl Grey Lavender! A little more creamy perhaps? Try it with out Earl Grey Cream!)*
- 1 1/2 cups of boiling water
- 1-2 oz. of your favorite bourbon
- 4 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. of honey (more of it if you want it a little sweeter!)
1.) Put the water into a saucepan & bring to a boil.
2.) Remove water from the heat, add in the Earl Grey tea bags & cover.
3.) Allow the tea to steep for 3 to 5 minutes.
4.) After a few minutes, pour in the lemon juice & mix in the honey.
5.) Add 1/2 – 1 oz. of the bourbon to 2 coffee mugs, pour the tea mixture over each. Garnish with a slice of lemon.
And that is all there is to it!
This recipe is courtesy of Carolina Girl Cooks, follow the link here to the original recipe! Photo also courtesy of Carolina Girl Cooks
Stay Tuned for further Recipe Features and Tea At A Glance post! Thanks for reading!
Cheers! Lindsay 🙂