Hello Hello Hello!
Happiest of Saturdays to you.
Yesterday I made a post about Bean Around Books & Tea’s Gynostemma Wellness Tea (such a wonderful smelling and tasting tea.. mmm that is questionable).
So today I thought I would tie in the Green Tea/Wellness Tea trend with a recipe containing the amazing, super food that is …. Matcha (which we have fully stocked, at Bean Around Books, which means you can pick it up from us!).
Apricot Matcha Shortbread Cookies – as we all start to freak out about how Christmas is not so far off, I thought I’d have some pre-mature Christmas fun and get a recipe up here that you can bake, whether or not you identify with the holiday!
And if you do not celebrate Christmas, well you can still enjoy these cookies and reap the benefits of the Matcha, and the sugary goodness of the apricots!
In the immortal words of Cookie Monster “COOKIESSSSS”.
Shall we begin? This recipe makes 12 extra small cookies, so 1 dozen.
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of melted unsalted butter
- 1/8 white sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp of Matcha powder
- 6 whole dried apricots (or to taste), finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit & line a cookie sheet with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, salt, matcha & apricots until well combined.
- Pour the melted butter while stirring.
- Gather the crumbly dough & lay out on a floured flat surface.
- Flatten out to an even level & use a cookie cutter to cutout cookie shapes.
- Place on baking sheet & continue this process until all the dough has been used up!
- Bake in center of oven for 8-10 minutes. Check after 8 minutes and do not allow the cookies to brown.
- Take out cookies, & let them cool.
- Eat! Yum Yum Yum!
This recipe is via spicefoodie.com, and on the website the cookies are actually referred to as Polvorons, which are apparently a fusion shortbread cookie which originated in Mexico- cool! You can click here Apricot & Matcha Shortbread Cookies to get the original recipe 🙂
Our Matcha is available for purchase both in store & online, under the Green Tea section of our website at www.beanaroundbooks.com
Thanks for reading & stay tuned for another Recipe Feature soon!
Cheers! Lindsay 🙂