How are you!! I missed you!!
It has been a while since I posted, but I had a few days off & I’ll be honest I got a bit slacker lazy… oopsies.
But here I am, alive & well. To tell the tale.
Today I have another recipe for you folks. TOMORROW I will FINALLY have another tea review for you! I’m getting back into the swing of it 🙂
Also in news of announcements & something which ties into today’s recipes: THE ARRIVAL OF EGGNOG AT BEAN AROUND BOOKS! You want an Eggnog Latte? How about a little bit of Eggnog in your Tea Latte? Eggnog in an iced drink? Sure why not!
I never knew this before but you can actually make your own Eggnog in your home! So without any further delay, let us begin with DIY Eggnog! You could even bring in your eggnog for us to test out in our drinks 😉
This recipe serves 4
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon, for topping
- Whisk egg yolks & sugar together in a medium bowl until light & creamy.
- In a saucepan over the medium heat, combine the cream, milk, nutmeg & salt. Stir often until mixture reaches a simmer.
- Add a big spoonful of hot milk to the egg mixture, whisking vigorously.
- Repeat, adding a big spoonful at a time, to temper the eggs.
- Once all of the hot milk has been added to the eggs, pour the mixture back into the saucepan on the stove.
- Whisk constantly until the mixture reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit on a thermometer.
- Remove from heat & stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the eggnog into a pitcher or other container & cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve with cinnamon topping & whipped cream.
Okay so this recipe is via the website tastesbestfromscratch.com which if you click on the link will lead you to be actual recipe!
Stay tuned for more recipes – and a Tea At A Glance Review! Thanks for reading & enjoy the rest of this rainy Thursday with a cup of homemade Eggnog! Yum!
Cheers! Lindsay 🙂