Hello everyone! A merry rainy Wednesday to you 🙂
Today I am going to be doing another recipe feature, today on Do It Yourself Coffee Syrup!
This is a recipe via Pinterest, specifically off the website nelliebellie.com and is basically a recipe for simple syrup – the different flavors come from the addition of different ingredients which create the different types of syrups. So let’s get started!
Ingredients: Basic Syrup
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
Additions to Basic Syrup: Syrup Variations
- Caramel: Add 1/2 up of caramel sauce
- Peppermint: Add 20 peppermint candies
- Warm Spice: Add 2 tsp. of cinnamon, 3 tbsp. of vanilla & 2 tsp. of cloves.
- Maple Vanilla: Add 3 tbsp. of vanilla and 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- Put ingredients into a heavy saucepan ( this will help it not boil over as easily!)
- Bring ingredients in pot to a gentle boil, stirring often, and take off burner for a few minutes ( watch carefully that it doesn’t boil over!)
- Simmer on low for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Variation Time! Add flavoring after water comes to a boil.
- Bottle that goodness up & you’re good to go!
Addition to Basic Syrup:
- Caramel Variation: Add caramel sauce after water comes to a boil.
- Peppermint Variation: Add peppermints with water and sugar; stir often.
- Warm Spice Variation: Add spices after water has come to a boil.
- Maple Ridge Variation: Add syrup with sugar and water. Add vanilla after water comes to a boil.
And that is all there is to it!
Stay Tuned for more Recipe Features! Thanks for reading and have a lovely Wednesday! Cheers! Lindsay 🙂